IARC 2020 Call for Abstract Submissions
The Scientific Committee of the International Aphasia Rehabilitation Committee 2020 (IARC 2020) is calling for abstract submissions on topics related to aphasia rehabilitation. IARC 2020 will bring together researchers and clinicians who are dedicated to improving rehabilitation for people living with aphasia.
All submissions will be independently reviewed by the Scientific Committee.
Due date for submissions: December 6, 2019
You are invited to submit abstracts for the following presentation formats:
- Oral presentation of 20 minutes with 10 minutes for questions from the audience.
- A presentation of your work in poster format, which you will stand by and discuss during a dedicated poster session.
You are invited to indicate your 1st and 2nd choice for preferred presentation format, although the final decision about the accepted format will be made by the Scientific Committee.
Format of the Abstract Submission:
All abstracts must:
- be in English
- be submitted as a Microsoft Word document
- use Arial font size 10 with 1.5 line spacing
- be 500 words or less (including headings and references)
- include the following information:
- Title (in bold font)
- A list of the authors (Surname, First name, Superscript for affiliation, Presenting author’s name underlined)
- A list of the authors’ affiliations (Superscript, Department, Institution, City, Country)
- The text of the abstract should be structured with the following information and bolded headings:
- Background: Briefly describe the background to the study.
- Aims: State the study aims/research questions.
- Method: Include an outline of the research design, participant numbers with relevant demographic information, data collection and analyses methods.
- Results: Outline the important and relevant results of the analyses.
- Discussion and Conclusions: State the basic conclusions including any implications for clinical management or service delivery.
- References: Maximum 5 references in APA format.
- Preference for 1st and 2nd Choice Presentation Format: Oral presentation, Poster
- Correspondence Information: Please provide the e-mail address of the corresponding author.
Submissions should be uploaded here.
- Please remember to ensure that each submission is uploaded as a Microsoft Word document with a unique file name consisting of the first author’s surname followed by a key word.
- You will receive a confirmation receipt when you submit your abstract.
- Queries about submissions should be sent by e-mail to the Scientific Committee: firstname.lastname@example.org
- At least one co-author for each accepted abstract must register for the conference by the early bird deadline (see details re: Conference Registration to be advertised at www.iarc2020.com).